Tax Savings Program
No Longer Accepting Applications for the 2021 Tax Season
The Property Tax Code has been amended by the Illinois General Assembly which will continue to offer owners property tax savings for another ten years expiring in the year 2024. Properties located within a qualified Township and census tract that have a housing choice voucher contract can save between $500 and $1,500 on property taxes.
To qualify, the Housing Authority must certify the following:
- The property is in a qualified Township. (Eligible and non-eligible townships will be listed page 4 of the application)
- The property is located within a census tract that has a poverty level below 10%, using the most recent Census data. (Eligible and non-eligible census tracts will be located on pages 4 and 5 of the application)
- At least one tenant that was renting at this property had a housing choice voucher on January 1st of the taxable year.
- The unit passed the most recent Housing Quality Standards inspection and is in compliance with local building codes.
- The Landlord does not owe the Housing Authority any money.
- The owner has completed an application form and submitted the $50 fee
- Money order & Cashier's Check are the only forms of payment accepted by LCHA.
- Checks can be made payable to The Lake County Housing Authority
Landlords receive up to a 19% reduction in the Equalized Assessed Value (EAV) of the property depending on the number of qualified units. Qualified units are limited to two units or 20% of total units in building, whichever is greater. Landlords can qualify for the abatement a maximum of 10 times.
For a list of frequently asked questions please click here
Please feel free to call or email Valeria Figueroa with any questions at email@example.com (847) 223-1170 extension 2490.
The deadline to submit an application was November 30, 2021.