Applications now available for Security Deposit Assistance
Applications for Security Deposit Assistance is now available for households who meet program requirements.
Funds are first-come, first-served & are subject to availability.
Households must meet basic requirements, which include:
- Rental Units Only.
- Unit must be within Lake County, Illinois.
- This must be a unit that the applicant is moving into, not one where the household already lives.
- The landlord or property manager must agree to accept funds - NO direct to tenant payments are allowed.
- Applicants must be able to cover expenses of housing, utilities, and transportation after the assistance has been provided.
- Applicants must be able to document the temporary crisis or financial emergency that caused the applicant to need this assistance.
- Applicants who have received funding from this specific program within the past 2 years are disqualified per guidelines.
PLEASE SPEAK TO THE HOUSING COUNSELING STAFF IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING THESE REQUIREMENTS.
You can begin the application by clicking HERE
At the end of the application, you will be provided a link to make an appointment with the Housing Counseling staff.
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION 24 HOURS OR MORE PRIOR TO THEIR APPOINTMENT TO KEEP THEIR PLACE IN LINE.
MISSED APPOINTMENTS OR MISSING DOCUMENTS WILL RESULT IN AN APPLICANT BEING MOVED TO THE END OF THE QUEUE.