Current, LCHA does not offer emergency housing units for homelessness prevention.
To access intervention for homelessness or impending homelessness, first contact PADS Lake County.
PADS is the point of entry for all persons experiencing homelessness in Lake County. Upon falling into homelessness, individuals and families must visit PADS to:
- Access the shelter systems
- Be assessed for area housing programs
- Provide access to basic needs
- Provide case management and counseling services to get out of homelessness
Other Lake County homelessless resources include:
- Application to LCHA's senior / disabled public housing waiting list
- Please note: LCHA's Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List is now CLOSED. LCHA cannot accept new application for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List.
- Application for other area Housing Authority waiting lists:
- Domestic Violence and Family Housing resources:
- Low-Income / Subsidized Housing Resources:
To speak to a HUD-Certified housing counselor directly, contact:
Lake County Housing Authority
33928 North US Highway 45 Grayslake, IL 60030
847-223-1170 x 2060